Dr. Scott Ridley
October 1, 2018
To the Hazlet Community:
Autumn is upon us and soon the leaves will be turning and the weather, getting cooler. Our school year is off to a successful start as more than 2900 students found their places at one of our eight schools, settled in, and began their journey in what we hope will be an exciting year for both effective learning and individual growth.
A District overview of recent milestones and events:
- FUTURE READY Bronze certification was granted to seven of our eight schools, a significant accomplishment that verifies we are keeping in current step with NJ DOE expectations regarding technology, sustainability, individualized learning and a project-based curriculum.
- BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHTS were very well attended at all schools. Presentations were well-received, parents were supportive, and staff members were excited to provide overviews of their academic direction and prioritization for the coming year.
- REFERENDUM UPGRADES and improvements, from air conditioning to Mindfulness environments and Makerspaces were up and running. Whiteboard table tops, shared learning areas, student-friendly furniture and a host of additional educational tools were on full display.
- A new DIRECTOR OF COUNSELING AND STUDENT SERVICES, Ms. Julie Ciccarone, was introduced to the District on October 1. Ms. Ciccarone comes highly recommended and hit the ground running regarding timely initiatives and undertakings.
- PERSONALIZED LEARNING IN THE 21ST CENTURY remains at the forefront of our priorities as we craft individual strategies for each child in the District in order to maximize his/her educational experience.
- In late October, NJ SCHOOL BOARDS will sponsor the year’s largest professional development conference/workshop in Atlantic City during which Hazlet will stage several presentations and receive a number of salutary recognitions.
Our pursuit of excellence continues-- as does “putting Hazlet in the conversation” around the County and State. Happy (early) Halloween and enjoy the foliage!
Scott Ridley, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
"To provide an optimal educational environment where all children can achieve their maximum potential."
Email Address: email@example.com
732-264-8402 ext. 1101