Hazlet Mask Refusal Protocol
No student will be disciplined. All staff members will reinforce with students that they are NOT in trouble and that the district/school is simply honoring a Directive issued by the Governor of NJ.
Student arrives without mask (bus or school)
- Student will be offered a mask
- If student complies, resumption of his/her regular routine will commence
- If student refuses to wear a mask, he/she will be placed in a separate, socially distanced, supervised location, and parent/guardian notified by an appropriate stakeholder: building administrator, guidance, or CST
- When parents/guardians are contacted, they will be encouraged to ask their child to wear a mask or pick up their child from school. An absence will be charged.
- If parents refuse to ask their child to wear a mask, or pick up their child from school, the parent/guardian will be informed that their child will remain in a separate, socially distanced, supervised location with access to the daily learning plan, though not necessarily a teacher.
- As per the Executive Order, students cannot ride the bus without a mask.
- If a parent refuses to pick up his/her child, the student will remain in school until regular dismissal time.
- If a parent refuses to pick up the student beyond regular dismissal time, Senior Administration will be contacted prior to contacting DCP&P and the HTPD.