Dear School Community,
This announcement is to inform you that the district recorded one (1) new case of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) since Friday 4/30/2021.
- Beers Street School reported one (1) new case. The individual has had no recent contact with the school. No further action is necessary.
We will continue to monitor and coordinate cases as they evolve. Stakeholders from individual schools where cases occur will be notified within 36 hours; aggregate totals for all eight schools will be posted on the district website on Tuesdays and Fridays.
The District nurses will remain available to answer questions, aid in quarantine issues, and collect valuable data for use at the district, county and state levels. If you have a positive case to report, or any concerns during this virtual period, please contact your school nurse via email.
The District is coordinating closely with public health officials and following CDC, state, and local health department guidance in order to assure the health and safety of our community. Cleaning and disinfecting of all exposed areas and equipment continues.
We encourage parents and students to continue following the CDC promoted safeguards:
- Staying home when you are sick;
- Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
- Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
- Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks and utensils;
- Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
- Wearing a face covering while in school;
- Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
During this health emergency, you are encouraged to observe your child for any signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and contact your child’s physician and the school nurse if any are noted. If you have specific concerns or questions about your child’s health, please contact your healthcare provider.
Dr. Scott Ridley
Superintendent of Schools
Hazlet Township Public Schools